Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Dear Nobody


On April 1st, 2014, Dear Nobody: The True Diary of Mary Rose was published. Co-written off of a teenage girl's diary by Legs McNeil and Gillian McCain, this book is a slimmed down version of a troubled girl's diary, a girl that was lonely, alcoholic, and a girl that died too young. It's sort of Go Ask Alice, but true. Like for real true. I haven't read it yet but I can't wait to. 

Recently, Legs and Gillain appeared on Howie Pyro's podcast Intoxica Radio. It's a really great talk between the three and the music of course is badassery at its best. (Including the brand new Miriam Linna record - WOWIE! Can't wait to get that one and all it's total girl group glory.)

Go ahead and listen to this show. See you in two hours...

So if you listened to that, you are probably really curious about the movie Go Ask Alice. Well, I was at least. This aired on TV years before I was born, I didn't even know it was a movie. I have a mildewed copy of Go Ask Alice  in my basement, but I heard it was a fake halfway through reading it and I gave up and moved on to music and biographies. Anyway, of course the movie is on YouTube in it's entirety, bless their hearts, so here you go. Yes, it's totally worth watching. And isn't that Any Griffith?


No comments:

Post a Comment